What are the treating characteristics of honey? They are briefly as follows:
1. It kills many types of germs within few hours to few days. Dysenteric germs died within ten hours of using honey farm. Typhoid germs died after 24 hours. Lung infection germs died on the 4th day of treating by honey.
2. Honey, which is basically of glucose, could be used in all types of treatments and remedies based on glucose. Blood diseases, high tension, intestine internal bleeding, stomach ulcers, children intestine infections and other transmitted infectious diseases are treated with honey. Glucose presence in the liver is essential for the body.
3. Anemia treatment. Honey contains active agent which has significant effect on hemoglobin. Studies on this matter in Swiss clinics confirmed effective impact on hemoglobin where it increased the concentration of the hemoglobin in the blood from 57% to 80% in the first week after one week of treatment with honey. Also they observed an increase in the weight of children who took honey increase.
4. Treatment of wounds. Dr. Krinstisky discovered that honey could expedite the healing of wounds. 1946 statistics proved that bullets wounds are treated by honey. Dr. Cronitez and others in Germany succeeded in treating thousands of wounds with honey without prior cleaning of wounds. Dr. Pullman succeeded in using honey on open wounds.
5. Honey as a treatment for the upper pulmonary system. Using honey dissolved in lukewarm water is a treatment for mochas and vocal cords. Mac German medical manufacturers use honey in their medicines.
6. Honey for lung diseases: Avicenna used honey for the treatment of Tuberculosis and other lung diseases.
7. Honey is a heart treatment: Honey maintains good blood circulation.
8. Honey is a treatment for stomach and intestine diseases. It is advised to take honey one to two hours before meals or after them. It also cures old ulcers, vomiting, etc.
9. Liver treatment with honey: Live is a very important organ in the body. Glucose is the primary material for the liver. Honey activates the anti-poison bacteria bodies’ essential for body resistance, liver infection and accompanying pains.
10. Nervous system: Honey has an impact of the CNS of the body. It helps in headache cases, insomnia, tension, etc.
11. Honey is a treatment for allergy.
12. Honey is a treatment for eye-infections and diseases. It could be used in many eye ointments and other treatments for cornea.
13. Honey is a treatment for diabetes. Dr. Davidreve from Russia published a book in 1915 concerning the benefits of honey in the treatment of diabetes.
a. It is a harmless sweet.
b. It could be added to the nutrition of the suffering person.
c. It is a protection item since it has Acetone.
d. Honey does not increase the sugar in the blood but on the contrary, it decreases it.
14. Honey is good for the urine disorders.
15. Honey could be used for all types of sleep disorder diseases.
Clinical findings proved the ability of honey for the treatment of the Central Nervous System.
16. Honey could be used for all types of cancer [oncology] diseases.
Specialists proved that bee-honey workers don’t have cancer.
Some claimed that there is a special immunity against cancer due to repetitive bee-stings while at work.
Others claim that the immunity is due to the honey consumption and royal jelly which have great effect along with the flower pollen.
17. Honey could be used for all types of ob-gynecology diseases.
Pregnant women’s vomiting is one of the major worries and concerns of physicians.
Doctors could not discover until now an appropriate medicines for such morning sickness.
Some scientists discovered that injecting %40 water-honey solution to the pregnant woman has a great impact on women nutrition and pregnancy situation.
18. Honey is an ideal nutrition.
Honey is an ideal nutrition for the human body that protects it against a lot of illness, unlike artificial food and nutrition.
Honey contains anti-bacteria that protects the teeth against lacking calcium, tooth cavity, etc.
19. Honey could be used for all children nutrition.
• Honey is a good nutrition for children and young adults as per a Swiss study.
• It has many useful minerals, i.e. iron, copper and manganese.
All of the above is quoted from Dr. Mohammed Hasan AlHomsi, ‘The Bee Glorifies Allah, the Almighty’.